The Insights Series explores the latest emerging technologies and features a deep dive into tech topics. 2019 topics included “Top Emerging Technologies to Watch”, “Business Intelligence and Analytics in this Era of AI”, “Future of Work: Preparing for the New Normal”, “Next Generation Customer Experience: Using Data Analytics and AI to Drive Differentiation”.
October 15, 2020 | 8:30 – 10 am
Developing a Human-Centered Data Strategy
The next generation of business intelligence (BI) technology will rely heavily on machine intelligence – and how that intelligence is used matters. The best solutions to our greatest challenges will be supported by human-centered analysis, giving users at any level of your company the tools and ability to gather, visualize, and analyze data. Because the more people you have making discoveries in your data, the more successful you’ll be.
Elif Tutuk, the AVP innovation and Design, Qlik
Paul Kresser, Chief Data Officer, Technology Services, City & County of Denver
Anna Lee Munns, IT Director, JBS
Craig Richardville, CIO, SCL Health
July 9, 2020 | 8:30 – 10 am
Security Essentials – Lessons From the Cyber Trenches
As organizations accelerate and expand their digital transformation and remote workforce initiatives, cybersecurity threats are becoming even more sophisticated. The dramatic rise in the number of remote workers has created even more opportunities for cybercriminals to wreak havoc on organizations of all sizes. Any organization that neglects cybersecurity is taking a huge risk, which extends to customers, partners and suppliers. It’s critical you protect yourself, your team and your company.
This session will break down the different types of cyberattacks that exist and guide you in developing an all-encompassing cybersecurity defense strategy for your company.
Join us to hear from industry thought leaders serving on the cybersecurity frontlines and trenches, who will share their insights and best practices to help secure your network.
Robert Thompson, Vice President, Business Services, Comcast Business
Jim Lambert, Director and Transformation Service Lead, CapTech
Moderated by: Frannie Matthews, President & CEO, Colorado Technology Association
Deborah Blyth, Chief Information Security Officer, State of Colorado
Ryan Kolczak, Director, Technical Operations, Vail Health
Jonathan Nguyen-Duy, Vice President, Field CISO, Fortinet
Managing Innovation Through Uncertainty – A Three-Part Series
Innovation and uncertainty go hand in hand. This three-part series will explore how to take a pragmatic approach to innovation and the adoption of emerging and modern technologies, such as IoT, AI and machine learning, in uncertain times. There are many critical aspects to consider in your decision making to ensure these disruptive technologies don’t disrupt your success.
April 9, 2020 | 10 – 11 am
Part 1: Webinar
Developing Plans Around Emerging & Modern Technologies in Uncertain Times
During uncertain times it can feel like the world around us is changing hour-by-hour, if not minute-by-minute. Amidst this chaos, it can be challenging not to become overly focused on immediate-term tactical decisions or to resort to approaches that were successful in the past. In this first session, we will explore a sense-making framework based upon complexity science, share a lens through which to view emerging and modern technologies and discuss how Agile and DevOps can be leveraged to plan how your organization moves forward.
- Provide participants with a lens through which to begin identifying opportunities and creating plans to move forward in our current business climate.
- Learn a framework that can help individuals and organizations make sense of our current realities and identify how to best move forward.
- Gain insight on the current landscape of emerging and modern technologies.
- Better understand how Agile and DevOps practices can be leveraged to drive greater focus on top priorities, while providing customer value more frequently and with reduced lead times.
Mark Fitzgerald, Principal and Denver Office Lead, CapTech
Jim Lambert, Director and Transformation Service Lead, CapTech
April 30, 2020 | 10 – 11 am
Part 2: Webinar
Less is more – getting your innovation to market more quickly
With the current economic uncertainty, you’re likely facing a conundrum – you know chaotic times often offer fertile grounds for invention, but you just don’t have the dollars for significant investments in innovation efforts. During this second session we will share insights into how organizations can increase the pace and impact of their technology innovation efforts, and discuss approaches you can leverage without large dollar commitments!
- Provide participants with a better understanding of how POVs and MVPs can be leveraged to drive insight and innovation in a time of shrinking budgets.
- Learn the similarities and differences between POVs and MVPs, understanding the potential value and pitfalls associated with each.
- Gain insight into the steps to take to initiate an impactful POV or MVP in the near-term.
- Hear real-world examples of when POVs and MVPs have been delivered intended value and when they have not.
Vinnie Schoenfelder, Principal and Chief Technology Officer, CapTech
Jay Duff, Director Analytics Engineering, Chik-fil-A
May 27, 2020 | 8:30 – 10:00 am
Part 3: Webinar
Turning Small Insights Into Big Wins – A Pragmatic Approach to Innovation in Uncertain Times
Emerging and modern technologies offer the promise to help solve many of the challenges companies currently face. But should your organization incorporate them into your business? And where should you begin? This third session will provide insights from a cross-section of technology leaders on how to take a pragmatic approach to innovation and the adoption of emerging and modern technologies, such as IoT, AI and machine learning, in uncertain times. There are many critical aspects to consider in your decision making to ensure these disruptive technologies don’t disrupt your success.
- Provide participants with the opportunity to hear from industry leaders regarding pragmatic approaches to successful innovation in challenging times.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the rapidly evolving Data & Analytics technology landscape.
- Learn methods to assess the potential value of emerging and modern technologies.
- Hear from technology leaders about the pragmatic approaches they have taken relative to emerging and modern technologies and the lessons they have learned along the way.
Tim April, SVP & CIO, Vail Resorts
Tom Estella, Managing Director – Machine Learning / Advanced Analytics, CapTech
Ester Friend, SVP, Enterprise Solutions, HomeAdvisor
Vinnie Schoenfelder, Chief Technology Officer, CapTech
Scott Raymond, Associate CIO, Centura Health