CBRE Announces COVID-19 Relief Fund
CBRE Group, Inc. has launched a COVID-19 Relief Fund to support community and employee needs around the world.
The campaign will raise a minimum of $15 million, with a foundational donation from the company of $10 million, plus an employee contribution program. The company will match employee contributions at a dollar-for-dollar rate or greater, if necessary, to meet the $15 million minimum.
The CBRE COVID-19 Relief Fund will support organizations that:
- provide frontline healthcare workers with personal protective equipment and essential medical supplies;
- alleviate hunger that results from the pandemic;
- best address the most pressing local needs around the world based on employee input.
The company will also earmark $5 million of the Fund for employees who are facing financial hardship due to COVID-19. Two types of assistance will be available:
- Immediate Response Program, which will quickly disburse grants of up to $500 for food or other immediate needs.
- Hardship Relief Program, which provides up to $2,500 to cover larger expenses, such as transportation, rent/mortgage, utilities, childcare, healthcare and funeral services.
“Our employees are the heart of CBRE,” said Bob Sulentic, the company’s president and chief executive officer. “Now’s the time for us to rally together to support one another and especially our colleagues who have fallen on hard times.”
As part of the fund-raising program, the company will contribute $100 to designated local charities for each unit of blood donated by its employees.
The fund-raising campaign, the largest in company history, will be run through the CBRE Foundation.
“COVID-19 has presented the world with unprecedented challenges. It is important—and necessary—for CBRE’s response to be unprecedented too,” Mr. Sulentic said.