This Week In Tech Policy
Action Taken on Legislation in the 2019 Legislative Session
- Since last week, the Colorado General Assembly has taken action on tech-related legislation listed below. Throughout the legislative session you can see what bills CTA is monitoring through our CTA Legislative Tracker in the Member Only Content area accessed through your member portal.
- Recent Action
- HB19-1167: Remote Notaries Protect Privacy
- Passed out of the House Appropriations Committee on 3/27
- HB19-1221: Regulation of Electric Scooters
- Introduced in the Senate on 3/26
- HB19-1240: Sales and Use Tax Administration
- Passed out of the House Business & Labor Committee on 3/26
- What the $30.5 billion Colorado state budget means for you — yes, you
The $30.5 billion state-budget package introduced Monday offers a little something for most everyone in Colorado.
- FTC Seeks to Examine the Privacy Practices of Broadband Providers
The Federal Trade Commission issued orders to seven U.S. Internet broadband providers and related entities seeking information the agency will use to examine how broadband companies collect, retain, use, and disclose information about consumers and their devices. The orders seek information about the companies’ privacy policies, procedures, and practices.