MEMBERSHIP AND ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
The Colorado Technology Association (CTA) Membership & Engagement Manager is the lead membership salesperson for CTA and provides customer service, concierge, and membership management support for members to ensure a high-quality experience for all members. This role is focused on membership sales, renewals of expired accounts and driving engagement.
- New Membership Sales: Develop, cultivate and expand a continuous target list of new companies and prospect these companies for membership.
- Membership Renewals for Expired Accounts: Drive membership renewals for expired accounts through face-to-face meetings, email, phone calls and digital outreach.
- Community Engagement: Attend relevant events expected to generate leads for new membership and stay connected with the technology community as approved.
- Account Onboarding: Complete an onboarding/re-boarding process to capture member information and train on how to maximize the value of membership.
- Ticket and Table Booking: Drive event ticket and table sales campaigns.
- CTA 101 Facilitation: Host CTA 101 sessions and onsite CTA 101 sessions for Premier Corporate members.
- Sponsorships: Identify new sponsors from membership base and pass leads to Corporate Engagement Director.
- Customer Service: Support the Membership Operations Manager in customer service for members asking questions, signing up and renewing membership, and registering for events.
- Event Support: Lead the registration desk for CTA events, greeting attendees, handing out name badges, etc.
- Engagement Management: Monitor the health and engagement of members throughout the year to ensure high renewal rates. Conduct outreach related to CTA programs and events to engage members in the work we do.
- Projects: Ad hoc membership, event, marketing projects as they arise.
WHAT YOU’RE GOOD AT
- Interacting with all types of people
- Communicating value of the CTA membership (storytelling)
- Collaborating with a small (but mighty) team – we help each other out and make the organization work through collaboration
- Communicating in a very professional and polished manner on the phone and via email
- Managing the business through CTA’s CRM system ensuring all contact is recorded
- Using office technology tools (e.g. Microsoft Office, G Suite)
- Thinking on your feet and creatively solving problems
- Self-management with organized work plans.
- Follow up and keeping commitments
- Having fun!
- You find going out of your way to help people gratifying
- You’re not afraid of technology, and, in fact, you’re quite good at it
- You have a passion for learning new things
- You are committed to continuous improvement
WHAT WE OFFER
- Exciting work centered around a thriving and growing CO tech community
- A top-notch team
- An environment that encourages new ideas and creativity
- Awesome benefits, including healthcare, transportation and gym stipends, a tech causal dress code, and unlimited PTO
- A modern office located in a co-working space in the heart of downtown Denver
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
Sales experience (2+ years) and/or sales training experience is strongly preferred. This role requires a flexible schedule to work events during the workday, early mornings and evenings occasionally.
Send your resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, please include responses to the two questions below:
- In one sentence, why are you passionate about this role?
- What is your best sales success story? What actions did you take and what was the successful outcome?
Colorado Technology Association (CTA) is a 501c(6) nonprofit organization representing 350+ member companies. We advance the tech ecosystem by establishing a diverse talent pipeline, advocating for modernized policy, partnering on initiatives that foster growth and creating meaningful connections throughout our community. We serve our members by offering a forum for business development, career advancement, civic engagement and access to influential thought leaders. Learn more at www.coloradotechnology.org.